Saturday, May 29, 2010

Thoughts on love, chick flicks and zombies

While I'm at school I rarely listen to music that is not already on my computer. Therefore my music taste remains somewhat contained. Now that I'm home, I've been listening to the radio more and I must say Michael Buble's 'new' song "haven't met you yet" is... just lovely. But! I watched the music video and while it's adorable and everything it almost ruined it for me. The girl he's singing to is so clique 'beautiful': blonde, big boobs, size zero zero. It was, well, kind of disappointing to be honest. Maybe because his voice reminds me of something classic like Sinatra I expect better? But to be fair, Sinatra was into mob stuff so... I guess no one is perfect ha.

Also Airplane by B.O.B. featuring Hayley Williams is a jam. I like the lyrics alot. But that song now just reminds me of how Hayley Williams had a picture of her topless leaked on the interwebs. Really? LAME. What is that nonsense all about? Keep your nudey body to your self. If you have to have naked pictures of you, well and if you're a celebrity, your nakedness is probably one day goingto be seen by all. It's just...eck. Why?

Yesterday I watched "Valentine's Day". I definitely agree that it was a pale imitation of "Love Actually" but it was still semi enjoyable. I watched it all the way through which is something considering...

Zombieland. Okay. I understand, comprehend and realize that many a person see this movie and think "OMGZ SO AWESOSMEZ" but...eh. I was less than impressed. The main guy is adorable. Buddy Harrelson is hilarious. And yet... I haven't made it through the whole movie yet. I've gotten through half. TWICE. I just always find better things to do (i.e paint my nails, do my homework, punch myself in the membrane etc). :]

Sam, in my Af Am Women Writers course, recommended My Girl(the original and 2). I think I may watch those today. I'm all for coming of age stories. Now and Then? AW HELL YEA! Such a gosh derned good flick. I think I especially enjoy the idea of seeing a person's childhood and then seeing how they grow up in rapid succession. It's something real life cannot offer us(at this point in technology) and I enjoy it.

Hmmm I had an epiphany of what I wanted to write and now it's gone...

OHH! I'm a fourth of the way through with blood child and I LOOOVE it. It's fantastical. I very much so enjoy sci fi and this is excellently written. Octavia Butler for the win!

Alright alright. Now I have to go see some goats...yuck.

Spock out.

No comments:

Post a Comment